PSB Sukhmoney for Senior Citizens - Reverse Mortage Concept
This scheme is designed to help Senior Citizens to sustain their lifestyle and also help them maintain their monthly expenditure without being dependent on anyone. It is a social security scheme designed to benefit the senior citizens post retirement. The loan amount can be used for following purposes:
- Meeting genuine needs
- Up gradation, renovation and extension of residential property.
- For uses associated with home improvement, maintenance/insurance of residential property.
- Medical, emergency expenditure for maintenance of family.
- For supplementing pension/other income.
- Repayment of an existing loan taken for the residential property to be mortgaged.
||The borrower should fulfill the following criteria:-
- Senior citizen of India above 60 years of age.
- The residential property should be in his/her single name or jointly with his/her spouse. In case it is in the single name of one individual, he/she should give will in favour of the other spouse, who should be made co-borrower.
- Married couples will be eligible as joint borrowers for financial assistance provided either of the spouse owing the property is above 55 years of age and other legal spouse is of age 60 years and above.
- The residential property should be self-occupied/self acquired with clear title free from any encumbrances.
- The borrower(s) should use that residential property as permanent primary residence.
- The residual life of the property should be more than the period of loan.
|Quantum of Finance/Margin
Maximum Amount permissible: Rs. 1 crore
The amount of loan will depend on present market value/realizable value whichever is less, of residential property after maintaining margin as given below:
The maximum loan to value (LTV) Ratio & consequent derived margin are as under:
(subject to ceiling of Rs.100 Lacs)
|60 & up to 70
||60 % of the value of immovable property
|Above 70 & up to 75
||50 % of the value of immovable property
|Above 75 & up to 80
||45 % of the value of immovable property
||40 % of the value of immovable property
|Rate of Interest
||Please click here For rate of interest
||Please click here For Processing fee
||Loan to be secured by way of Equitable/ Registered Mortgage/Assignment on theResidential property in Bank's favour.
|Period of Loan
||Maximum 15 years.
The borrowers will have option to prepay the loan without any prepayment charges.
However in case there is any takeover of loan by other financial institution /bank, a charge of 2% on the amount taken over, will be levied.
||Personal Guarantee of spouse may be obtained in case he / she is not a joint or a co-borrower.
Click Here to view Complete Checklist
Click Here to Apply for Retail Loan